Books for Kids

An irregularly updated review of current and classic children's literature.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Best Picture Books for Kids - 2004

It seemed fitting with this being the end of the year that I should make a list of my favorite books for kids from the past year. These are books that have stuck in my head since the first time that I read them, and that I have reread multiple times this year. These books weren't necessarily published in 2004, but I did first read and review them during 2004.

1. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems

2. Sometimes I'm Bombaloo by Rachel Vail, illustrated by Yumi Heo

3. Guji Guji by Chih Yuan Chen

4. Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems

5. The Red Book by Barbara Lehman

6. My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza

7. How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers

8. Parts by Tedd Arnold

9. Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin, illustrated by Betsy Lewin (also Giggle, Giggle, Quack and Duck for President)

10. Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner

11. Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French, illustrated by Bruce Whatley

12. Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin, illustrated by Harry Bliss

13. My Pig Amarillo by Satomi Ichikawa

14. Olivia by Ian Falconer

15. The Road to Mumbai by Ruth Jeyaveeran

16. Alice the Fairy by David Shannon

17 & 18. Home and Window by Jeannie Baker

19. How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long, illustrated by David Shannon

20. Roller Coaster by Marla Frazee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have become enthralled with The Orb Of Chatham by bob staake and was looking for iinformation on this site. does anybody know if the story is true? the artworks are amazing, and the story is very simple. but fiction? wonderful blog -- i'll visit again!
dena s.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise