Books for Kids

An irregularly updated review of current and classic children's literature.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Bad Beginning: A Series of Unfortunate Events (Book #01) by Lemony Snicket (Chapter Book)

With a title like The Bad Beginning no one should be suprised that this book will be filled with lots of bad things. This is the first in a series of stories about the Baudelaire children, who very soon in the story become orphans after their parents die in a horrible house fire. Things only seem to get worse for these kids after becoming orphans. The story is told very humorously, but in a very twisted way.

Ages: 9 and up
Keywords: Death, Orphans, Siblings, Mystery

Lesson Plan Ideas: This is another one of those books that as a teacher I don't think I would use in a class setting. A much better book for kids to discover on their own when they are ready for it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BAD BEGING is my favrit book. I think it should be a award winning. I can not even get to get my hands on it!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BAD BEGING is my favrit book. I think it should be a award winning. I can not even get to get my hands on it!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bad Beginning is one for my favorite books in the series.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise