Books for Kids

An irregularly updated review of current and classic children's literature.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Ten Little Elvi by Laura Henson & Duffy Grooms, Illustrations by Dean Gorissen

I don't have much patience for children's books that are more novelty items than books, but I must say that I loved Ten Little Elvi by Laura Henson and Duffy Grooms. It's not that I'm an Elvis fan, because I'm not. So what was it? The book was just done so well. Fantastic rhymes. Fantastic pictures. There really isn't much new that can be done with counting books, and yet the writers of Ten Little Elvi managed to find an original and very fun subject (for Kid's counting books at least). Check this book out, you will laugh and love it. The final line of the book sealed the deal (I would share it, but I don't want to ruin the big finale!)

Keywords: Counting, Elvis, Impersonators, Music, Rock and Roll

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise