Books for Kids

An irregularly updated review of current and classic children's literature.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

If I Built a Car by Chris Van Dusen

Chris Van Dusen, the author and illustrator of Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee, is back with another fun rhyming story. Young Jack tells his father about the perfect car he would design in the book, If I Built A Car. Jack thinks of every feature imaginable - safety, environmental, fun, and practicality. The story is told in a series of fun rhymes. Van Dusen's retro illustrations look fantastic...check out details like the reflections in chrome fenders. Sure to please lots of imaginative young car fans.

Keywords: Cars, Inventions, Rhyming, Retro, Imagination, Fathers and Sons
Ages: 3 to 9

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be nice to build a car with all features imaginable. Usually I like something in one car and other features in other car.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Van Dusen's work. He is very talented and genius. He has a lot of creative ideas.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read "Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee" and liked it very much. I think "If I Built A Car" is also good. I'll find and read it soon.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love rhyming books. "This is the bear" is a great rhyming book reviewed on our site.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise